top of page

Sexual Abuse & Domestic Violence

If experiencing Sexual Abuse and/or Domestic Violence please contact the authorities by dialing 911. Fear of deportation should not be a reason to stay quiet as the government does support domestic violence survivors.

According to the U.S Citizenship and Immigration Services, the U.S. law provides several protections for legal and undocumented immigrants who have been victims of a crime. Often victims are unaware of such protections, thus frontline workers serve as a critical link for immigrant victims. There are specific protections for victims of domestic violence, victims of certain crimes, and victims of human trafficking. ALL agencies within the Department of Homeland Security (DHS), including USCIS, are legally prohibited from disclosing that a victim has applied for AWA, U, or T immigration benefits.

Below please  find the different visas that you may be able to qualify for:


The Violence Against Women Act (VAWA) allows survivors of violence whose spouse is a US citizen or lawful permanent resident to pursue a family-based immigration petition on their own, without relying on the abuser to sponsor them.


The U visa is an immigration status available to victims of violent crimes who cooperate with law enforcement in the investigation and/or prosecution of the crime. 


The T visa is an immigration status available to victims of human trafficking. Individuals brought into the country for commercial or sexual exploitation who cooperate with law enforcement may be eligible.

The following organizations provide assistance with those dealing with Sexual Abuse and Domestic Violence:




bottom of page